Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Songs (Verse 292, Stray Birds, 1916. R. Tagore) for my Country as posted by Saad Bin Jung (a old Hyderabadi)

Nine decades ago, even before India had her independence, a genius peeped into the future, and sent us a warning that would stay with us till eternity. 

Please read this again. And again. Every line is relevant in the present and will be relevant for the tomorrow unless we do what is required - become India.

"Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

Every word is written for today. And now read this - for every Indian needs to be resolute.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

India will never lose its secular fabric, our head might 
get bloody but it will forever be unbowed, 
as every one of is, when push comes to shove, 
the master of our fate and the captain of our soul.

Clouds come floating into my life, 
no longer to carry rain or usher storm, 
but to add color to my sunset sky 
================

Jai hind.

(Source- Via Gp e-mail from A Sunder Rajan, Army Veteran)

1 comment:

  1. Sir, first of all my heartiest congratulations upon Winning the case of MSP to Rs. 10400.

    My second querry is... Govt has made equal rate of all the allowancess from sep to sub maj. It should be high for JCO bcoz they are class two gazetted officer which has been cleared by ministry of defence. Therefore there should be one more case so that the allowances can be increased for JCO. May I humbly request you to file the case. Jai bhagwan saini

    ReplyDelete