(SOURCE : VIA E-MAIL)
Sunday, March 29, 2020
Dear Ex-Servicemen and their families
1. In view of the outbreak of CORONA VIRUS, may I request all Ex-Servicemen and their families to take necessary precautions to prevent spread of the virus.
2. I also request you all to avoid non essential travel and avoid crowded places.
3. Please avoid going to religious places, houses of friends, relatives, various Offices, etc
4. Kindly maintain strict personal hygiene and consult the doctor in case of any emergency and avoid routine check up as much as possible
5. Sainik welfare Department welcomes all Ex-Servicemen and their families for resolving their grievances. However, considering the present situation, we feel that it would be better for all of you to use the mail, whatsapp and other means to resolve your problems as a temporary measure and visit the Zilla Sainik Welfare Offices only in case of emergency.
6. Special request you to Ex-Servicemen above 60 Years of age: Please take utmost care and avoid travel outside your home except for emergencies
We are soldiers and shall remain so. Let’s maintain strict discipline in containing the disease and maintaining a safe nation
Wish you all the Good Health and safety
Thanks and Regards,
Col.P.Ramesh Kumar (Retd)
Director, Sainik Welfare.
Sainik Aramghar Complex
Raj Bhavan Road
(SOURCE : VIA E-MAIL)
Appeal to generously donate to ‘Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM CARES Fund)’
The pandemic of COVID-19 has engulfed the entire world and has posed serious challenges for the health and economic security of millions of people worldwide. In India too, the spread of coronavirus has been alarming and is posing severe health and economic ramifications for our country. The Prime Minister’s office has been receiving spontaneous and innumerable requests for making generous donations to support the government in the wake of this emergency.
Distress situations, whether natural or otherwise, demand expeditious and collective action for alleviating the suffering of those affected, mitigation/control of damage to infrastructure and capacities etc. Therefore, building capacities for quick emergency response and effective community resilience has to be done in tandem with infrastructure and institutional capacity reconstruction/ enhancement. Use of new technology and advance research findings also become an inseparable element of such concerted action.
Keeping in mind the need for having a dedicated national fund with the primary objective of dealing with any kind of emergency or distress situation, like posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, and to provide relief to the affected, a public charitable trust under the name of ‘Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund’ (PM CARES Fund)’ has been set up. Prime Minister is the Chairman of this trust and its Members include Defence Minister, Home Minister and Finance Minister.
PM Narendra Modi has always believed and shown in actions that public participation is the most effective way to mitigate any issue and this is yet another example. This fund will enable micro-donations as a result of which a large number of people will be able to contribute with smallest of denominations.
Citizens and organisations can go to the website pmindia.gov.in and donate to PM CARES Fund using following details:
Name of the Account : PM CARES
Account Number : 2121PM20202
IFSC Code : SBIN0000691
SWIFT Code : SBININBB104
Name of Bank & Branch :State Bank of India, New Delhi Main Branch
UPI ID : pmcares@sbi
Following modes of payments are available on the website pmindia.gov.in
- Debit Cards and Credit Cards
- Internet Banking
- UPI (BHIM, PhonePe, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, PayTM, Mobikwik, etc.)
Donations to this fund will be exempted from income tax under section 80(G).
Posted On: 28 MAR 2020 4:36PM by PIB Delhi
(Source : Via e-mail from Wg Cdr RK Bali (Retd.), 9899809930)
Friday, March 27, 2020
26 Mar 2020
1. You are aware of the spread of corona virus and its imminent dangers. The whole world is being affected by the deadly virus. India has been able to control the onset of stage three for the time being, thanks to the timely steps taken by the Hon’ble Prime Minister, the Medical fraternity and the people of the country. This does not mean that corona virus has been eliminated. It can exponentially spread even now.
2. Our Hon’ble Prime Minister has advised all countrymen to observe self-discipline and strictly follow self quarantine. It is our paramount duty to follow this advice and ensure that there are no violations of this order for saving citizens from this calamity.
3. Indian Ex-servicemen Movement (IESM) has will extend full cooperation to the Govt to face this calamity. Firstly, IESM has extended its services and confirmed that IESM members are ever ready to help Civil Administration to confront this evil, whenever called to help.
4. IESM strongly feels that veterans must also contribute financially in supporting the Government to help the under-privileged, casual and daily labour and any other distressed sections of the Indian society.
5. IESM therefore requests all veterans to contribute to IESM to fight this calamity. IESM will transfer the donations received from 26 Mar to 15 Apr 2020 in Prime Minister Relief Fund.
6. Veterans are requested to generously contribute for this cause. Veterans are requested to send their contributions in IESM account.
7. Please donate generously and send your donations in cheque/ draft/ E-transfer in the IESM account. Payable to:
Indian Ex Servicemen Movement
A/C No: 06162000001330
IFSC Code- HDFC0000616
Sector 23A, Gurugram
Or, you can send it to our office address:
543, Sector 23,
Gurugram – 122017 (Haryana), INDIA.
Please mark it 'Donation for the Corona Emergency'
Please Donate generously and motivate others to do so.
Maj Gen Satbir Singh, SM (Retd)
Email ID: email@example.com
Note: Please circulate to maximum Ex-Servicemen.
(Source : Via e-mail)