New 64KB RCHS Card :: Developments on 23 Mar 2018
I had an interesting discussion at 1400 hrs on 23 Mar 18 with one serving officer of ECHS who is based in Central Organisation in Maude lines of Delhi Cantt who wanted to clear all my doubts about the 64 KB Card. He says T SEWA’s aim is totally wrong.
I do understand his compulsion of supporting indefensible action of the organization which he is serving. He says he looks after 3.40 lakhs ESMs and his budget is Rs 300 crores. He is an expert on the subject of cards.He says T SEWA is barking wrong tree. His points are :-
1.Officer from ECHS Central Organisation:The Central Org or MD ECHS have no role to play in deciding on introduction of 64 KB card. The MoD has taken an unilateral decision to introduce new 64 KB Card. (He is trying to tell me “Hum kya Karen sub kuch woh karte hai. Gali hume sunna padtha hain”).
2. My reply“T SEWA has nothing against Central ECHS org or MD ECHS”
3. Officer from ECHS Central Organisation: The previous card making co. selected by MoD on political connections stopped making cards from 2015. ECHS has been issuing temp. chits to new ECHS members. Therefore there is a need to introduce new card. That company did not share all the data of ECHS members with Central org. There are lot of gaps in the data available with ECHS. So there is need to revamp the whole thing.
4. My Reply: If the problem is fake ECHS cards then why not link Aadhaar number to the existing cards by which all fake cards will be easily located and then they can be easily removed from the central system.
5. Officer from ECHS Central Organisation:32 KB card is of old technology type and 64 KB card has latest technology.
6. My Reply: “What are the limitations of 32 KB card which 64 KB card will improve upon? I am sure you know being TSC officer whenever we make a statement of case for introduction of any new item in Army first thing is to explain ACCEPTANCE OF NECESSITY which needs to list out deficiencies or short comings of the present system and need for new system. Why not the same be adopted when 64 KB card is to be introduced explaining to all ECHS members the need to introduce 64 KB Card listing all short comings or limitations of old 32 kb card?”
7. Officer from ECHS Central Organisation: Since we have to issue new cards to new ECHS members why not give 64 kb cards to all 54 lakh ECHS members?
8. My Reply: “An earlier OiC ECHS Polyclinic from Tamilnadu being fromCorps of Signals &computer savvy found it extremely difficult to upload all data. How do you expect elderly ESMs and widows living in remote villages with no computer connection to upload all the data required? Do you understand the serious implication of asking members to furnish information of bank account no, name of bank, IFSC of bank and specimen signature? I am sure you know the effect of Cambridge Analtytica and do we not need to learn some lessons by parting with our personal details to a private Card making company?”
9. Officer from ECHS Central Organisation:T SEWA calculations of overall financial effect of changing over to 64 KB card are incorrect. It is not that kind of amount quoted in the mail of T SEWA.
10. My reply: “I am sure you know ECHS proudly announces it serves 54 lakh members of ECHS. Then does not every member need a new 64 kb card? Does not Rs 135 per card x 54 lakhs comes to a figure quoted in our mail?
He said “Sir the cost of the card is not Rs 135 but Rs 177”. Then I told him “Does not the money outgo is more than what is mentioned in the mail of T SEWA?”. He has no answer.
11. Officer from ECHS Central Organisation:T SEWA should file case against Min of Def who initiated this concept of 64 KB card and spare Central Organisation.
12.My Reply -“Is not MD ECHS responsible to represent ECHS members grievances to the Min of Def?”.
He says “ Sir, you are argueing like Arnab Goswami. I made a mistake by calling you!!” There after he cut the line off.
13. When one does not have any masala to argue then one has to get agitated and blame the other party and then terminate the discussion. If still any member of ECHS has any doubt MD ECHS will come to his or her rescue, he or she is living in fool’s paradise.
Warm Regards,Brig CS Vidyasagar (Rtd)
Pl See T SEWA Blog for regular updates at www.tsewa.org
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Website is not working. It is very difficult to upload documents/photos/signature scans. I am trying last one month but could not succeed to complete online application. Old method should be followed to keeping the difficulties faced by ESMs.ReplyDelete
Ex Sgt KVN Rao
ANDHERI NAGARI CHOUPAT RAJAReplyDelete
PARAMAARTHA GURU AND SISHYAAS
Why this task cannot be entrusted to Colonel Veteran who must be provided clerical staff under him or Stn CDRs should own the responsibility. Harassment to illiterate veterans must be avoild to get the new card of 64 KB.ReplyDelete
Original ECHS Card was prepared by ECHS Organisation.ReplyDelete
New ECHS Card should also be prepared by ECHS Organisation.
Hope all will agree with Lt Col KB Mathur. Proposed ECHS smart card should be issued by ECHS organisation as done earlier. No alternate arrangements are acceptable as this will create lot of problems to Veterans and Veernaaries
Please comment in support of Lt Col K B Mathur for the benefit/welfare of ESM community.
I fully agree with the comments of Lt Col KB Mathur.ReplyDelete