My dear Veteran Brothers,
I have got authentic good news for you all.
Maj Gen Satbir Singh and 5 more people of the IESM including the famous Maj D P Singh (bladerunner who lost one leg in operations) had 45 minutes meeting with Raksha Mantri today afternoon. Following emerged after the dialogue:-
1. File with an abridged note from the MOD was sent to Min. of Finance on 23 Feb and verbal approval of Finance Minister was taken by the RM for the OROP.
2. Now the file with full details/breakdowns will reach MoF on 04 March 2015.
3. Formal approval in writing will be taken from MoF by or so.
4. Notification about the OROP is likely to be issued by plus minus few days.
5. Widows/Veer-naris will also be covered in the OROP. In 2012, their pensions were not enhanced.
6. Reservations for the ex-servicemen in Private Defence Industries was also discussed.
7. Major's pension and short-service benefits were also discussed.
8. OROP arrears of the last year will be paid in quarterly installments.
Mar 3 (2 days ago)