The idea behind this blog is to educate/help/enlighten and not to create controversy or to incite. The opinions and views expressed on this blog are purely personal. Please be soft in your language, respect Copyrights and provide credits/links wherever possible.The blog team indemnifies itself of any legal issues that may arise out of any information/ views posted by anyone on the blog.
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
MEETING WITH COAS GENERAL RAWAT ON 17 JAN 2017 WITH MAJ GEN SATBIR SINGH RETD GP CAPT VK GANDHI HONY LT K PANDEY AND ESM OF JANTAR MANTAR.. SOME PROGRESS AHEAD..? WHO KNOWS? THE NEGATIVE MIND/VIBES OR THE POSITIVE MIND OF ESM CONTINUEING AT JM...THE ONES WHO ARE PAPER TIGERS AND KEEP CRITICISING SATBIR N IESM? THE TIME COMES... ALL THINGS GET SOLVED SLOWLY... MAY BE NOW SOON..RGDS ::Cdr Sharan Ahuja
A delegation of ESM met COAS Gen Rawat today. This meeting was arranged on very short notice. Officers of Army pay cell and DG manpower planning were also present. Following ESM attended the meeting.
1. Maj Gen Satbir Singh 2. Gp Capt VK Gandhi 3. Brig JS Sandhu 4. Wg Cdr Vinod Nebb 5. Lt K Pandey
Following points were discussed.
1. Gen Satbir explained deficiencies in OROP issued by Govt.
2. It was explained that two ESM ( Hav Major Singh and & Hav Mahender ) and one lady wife of ESM Mrs Sudesh have started FUD since 15 Jan as Govt has refused to listen to litany of woes of ESM. ESM have been agitating at JM for last 582 days.
3. Deficiencies in facilities in ECHS were explained. It was emphasised that latest procedures need to be approved for ECHS within six month of their introduction in civil. Veteran hospitals need to be made operational at the earliest so that ESM do not have to run from pillar to post for medical services.
4. It was also explained that Govt is loosing sympathy of ESM and their votes by not releasing full OROP. Further it was communicated that no political speeches and activity is ever permitted at JM. However ESM are free to unite and exercise their vote power and use it for getting full OROP.
5. Down-gradation of status of Armed Forces was also discussed and it was suggested that COAS must take cognizance of this and take corrective actions as deemed fit.
6. important issue was brought out by Lt K Pandey that some ESM are taking advantage of deficiency in OROP and forcibly bringing other issues and creating a divide between Officers and ORs. MOD and COAS must take cognizance of this and take action to arrest these attempts. Best and easiest way is to release full OROP. it is now responsibility of MOD to take steps so that congenial atmosphere is created to wind-up FUD and agitation. 7. It was also informed that working of Sainik boards needs to be improved to ensure better services to veterans.
8. A suggestion was made that India must celebrate a victory day. Most appropriate date will be 16 Dec. COAS gave very patient hearing and informed the delegation.
1. AHQ is ceased of deficiencies in OROP and he wanted to know financial burden of full OROP. He confirmed that once he is given the figures he would take it up strongly with RM. He requested the delegation members to sit with pay cell and work on the financial burden of resolving anomalies in OROP.
2. COAS confirmed that AHQ is working to improve facilities in ECHS. AHQ is working to operationalise more veteran hospitals so that veterans get best treatment in these hospitals. This will also result in savings in expenditure as many private hospitals are presenting inflated bills for treatment of veterans. COAS was concerned and wanted to give best treatment to veterans.
3. COAS suggested that Sainik boards can be asked to report to local station cdrs to improve their efficiency.
COAS assured the delegation that AHQ under his command is geared up to take all actions for welfare of veterans. Meeting ended on a positive note and with a resolve that veterans will give full support to AHQ in its attempt to provide best services to veterans. More meetings will be planned to solve issues affecting veterans.
Delegation profusely thanked COAS for meeting veterans on short notice and for his resolve to find solution to veteran's problems