The idea behind this blog is to educate/help/enlighten and not to create controversy or to incite. The opinions and views expressed on this blog are purely personal. Please be soft in your language, respect Copyrights and provide credits/links wherever possible.The blog team indemnifies itself of any legal issues that may arise out of any information/ views posted by anyone on the blog.
Monday, January 23, 2017
MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES THE EX-SERVICEMEN (ORs/JCOs) TO BOTHER THAN THE OROP : SGT JAYWANT WALAWALKAR,AIR VETERAN
Dear all Vet Bros
With reference to the below comment of one of our vet brother, Renganathan sri, on "THE UN-NOTICED GOVT'S BIG BANG SCAM WEF 1.1.2006 -...",post, "I request Mr. Gavini VN,TO FILTER OUT THE matters related to JCO&OR and the post, only the pertaining issues to them. NFU is not a matter concerned to us. But as a Chief Editor it is your prerogative and I do not interfere in your discretion. It is only a request"
I wish to post below more relevant view point of another veteran brother Jayvant Walawalkar, , how it is can be applied to ORs/JCOs: ================================================
1. NFU (non-functional upgradation) for the JCOs/NCOs/ORs. Most of the soldiers retire as Naiks after 17 years of service in spite of the MACP (modified assured career progression) scheme. They get only one/two promotions/ financial upgradations. Commissioned officers are assured the rank of Col i.e. minimum 4 promotions. Thanks to the NFU, every commissioned officer will get the pay of Maj Gen after 19 -20 years of service i.e. 6 financial upgradations. On the similar lines, every soldier must get promotion/financial upgradation upto Nb Sub at least in the form of NFU. All civilians get at least 3 promotions/financial upgradations under the MACP scheme. Why is this benefit denied to the soldiers?
2. 70% LPD (last pay drawn) as pension for soldiers as was there upto 1973.
3. Guaranteed employment till 60 for all soldiers. Presently soldiers are retired compulsorily when they reach the age group of 35-40. Thus soldiers are kicked out when they are in their prime of youth and have families to support. Their lives become insecure since there is no guarantee of further employment. Most of them land up doing class-4 jobs like security guards, peons etc. What a great respect given to our soldiers? This is grave injustice done to the soldiers. Even a civilian peon retires at 60.
4. MSP (Military Service Pay) of soldier should be the same as for anyone else and should not be lesser than that of a military nurse. Presently a nurse who is a non-combatant gets the MSP of Rs 10800 per month. However a combatant JCO/NCO/OR gets only Rs 5200. What a great logic!
5. Disability pension, Siachen allowance should be the same for all ranks.
6. Formation of Ex-servicemen Commission/Ministry at National and State Levels, headed by an Ex-serviceman of any rank.
The above issues are much bigger than the OROP; high time the ESM pay attention to them; people are fast losing interest in the OROP as Govt. has already given OROP, though in a diluted form.
My humble request to vet bro Renganathansri is come out with some plausible suggestions for improvements on the posts published rather than simply been (always and everytime) critical on them that they do not pertain to ORs/JCOs. It is hoped he understands this and stops indulging in flaying ARTICLES IN THIS blog, whether they benefit the ORs/JCOs or not. I do not agree with him that EX-SERVICEMEN DO MEAN ONLY ORs/JCOs.