The cost of the police to the Government:
- A tiny state: Haryana.
• It has 4 DGPs (Pay equal to Army Commander).
* 8 ADGPs.
• The 1990 batch officers are ADGPs & draw a pay, equal to a Corps Commander.
• The state has one IG, one DIG & 5 Armed Police Battalions at Maduban (Karnal) & yet it had to ask for the army columns.
• The police range, earlier headed by a DIG, is now headed by an IG & there are four police ranges, (Karnal, Rohtak, Hissar & South). Besides, there are three police commissionerates, (Ambala -Panchlula, Gurgaon & Faridabad), headed by the Commissioners (DIG rank officers).
• The SCRB (State Crime Record Bureau), is headed by an officer of ADGP rank.
• Over paid, under employed.
• With so many highly paid IPS lot, the law & order had to be restored by Army columns, led by Majors/Lieutenant Colonels, with half their serivce.
What a contrast of leadership in two organizations. Sad...
(Source- Via Gp E-mail from Mahesh Khorana, Vet)
Post a Comment