Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Wasn't the Chairman of the 7th CPC aware of this?
This order is issued regularly on the basis of joint consideration of the existing Central Warrant of Precedence, Warrant of Precedence – 1937, Home Ministry office Letter No /11/99-Pub II dated 26 Dec 1966 and validity of contents of Letter No 12/1/2007-Public dated 14 Aug 2007.
FRESH WARRANT OF PRECEDENCE (Who Stands Where) Now Issued by the office of HE, the President of India.
1. HE The President of India
2. HE The Vice President of India
4. Governors of States within their respective States
5. Former Presidents
5A Deputy PM.
6. Chief Justice of India / Speaker of Lok Sabha
7. Cabinet Ministers of the Union / CMs within their States / Former PMs
7A. Holders of Bharat Ratna Decoration
8. Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary and High Commissioners of Commonwealth Countries / CMs outside their States / Governors outside their States
9. SC Judges.
9A CEC/ CAG of India
10. Deputy Chairman RS / Deputy CMs of States / Deputy Speaker LS / Members Planning Commission / Ministers of State of the Union
11. Attorney General of India / Cabinet Secretary / LG within their UTs
12. Chiefs of Army, Air and Naval Staff
13. Envoys Extraordinary and Ministers Plenipotentiary accredited to India
14. Chairmen and Speakers of State Legislatures within their States / Chief Justices of High Courts within their jurisdictions
15. Cabinet Ministers of States within their States / CMs of UTs within their UTs / Deputy Union Ministers
16. Officiating Chiefs of Army, Air and Naval Staff of the rank of Lt Gen or equivalent
17. Chairman CAT / Chairman Minorities Commission / Chairman SC & ST Commission / Chairman UPSC / Chief Justices outside their jurisdiction / Puisne Judges of High Court within their jurisdictions
18. Cabinet Ministers of States outside their States / Ministers of State in States within their States / Chairmen and Speakers of State Legislatures outside their States
19. Chief Commissioners of UTs not having a Council of Ministers within their UTs / Deputy Ministers in States within their States
20. Deputy Chairmen and Deputy Speakers of State Legislatures outside their States / Minister of State in States outside their States / Puisne Judges of High Courts outside their jurisdictions.
22. Deputy Ministers in State outside their States
23. Army Commanders (GsOC-in-C) / VCOAS and equivalent in other services / Chief Secretaries to States within their States / Members of Minority Commission / Secretaries to Govt of India / Secretary to President / Secretary to PM / Secretary Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha / Solicitor General
24. Lieutenant General or equivalent
25. Additional Secretaries to Govt of India / Addl Solicitor General / Advocate Generals of States / Chairman Tariff Commission / Chief Secretaries outside their States / Director CBI / DG BSF / DG CRPF / Director IB / Lt Governors outside their UTs / Members UPSC / PSOs of Armed Forces of the rank of Major General and equivalent
26. Officers of the rank of Major General and equivalent / Joint Secretary to Govt of India
27. Vice Chancellors of Universities
28. Commissioners of Divisions within their respective charges
29. Brigade Commanders within their respective Charges
30. Brigadiers / Inspector General of Forests / Inspectors General of Police
31. Commissioners of Divisions outside their charges
32. Secretaries to State Governments
33. Colonels / Accountants General / Chief Conservator of Forests / Chief Engineers / Inspectors General of Prisons / Members of ICS (now known as IAS) and Indian Political Service (now Indian Foreign Service) with 23 years ‘ standing
34. Controller Military Accounts and Pensions (now CDA)
35. Commissioners of IT / Deputy Commissioners within their districts
36. District and Session Judges within their charges
37. DIG of Police
38. Lt Col / Conservators of Forests / IAS and IFS with 18 years standing / SEs.
39. Excise Commissioners / Registrar of Co-operative Societies
40. DCs of Distt / Distt and Sessions Judges / SPs of Distt within their charges (also now known with variable nomenclature as DCP / SSP in certain States)
41. DIG of Prisons / Officers of other Class-I Services and Provincial Services with 20 years standing
42. Majors / IAS and Foreign Service officers with 12 years service / SPs and DCPs with 15 to 20 years service
43. Asst Commissioners of IT / Officers of Class-I and Provincial Services with 10 years standing
44. DE / DFO / EEs / SP of Central Jails.
As received from IESM :---
(Source- Via e-mail from Carl Gomes naughtilus)