Saturday, January 2, 2016
Country proud of security forces and our jawans: Who said what on Pathankot terror attack
New Delhi - Jan 2, 2016 17:34 IST
Four terrorists were gunned down while three security personnel including a IAF Garud commando laid down their lives when a terror attack took place on the Pathankot air base in Punjab in the wee hours of Saturday morning.
An armored vehicle moves The IAF base is around 250 km Chandigarh and about 30 km from the border area with Pakistan. This is the second major attack on Punjab after the attack in Gurdaspur in February 2015.
Here are a few reactions on the terror attack in Pathankot:
• The country is proud of our security forces and our jawans—Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
• Terror attack on Air Force base in Pathankot is highly condemnable. Kudos to brave soldiers for dispelling the attack & salute to martyrs—Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
• Operations continuing, immediate focus on resolving situation - premature to say anything more at this point—Spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs.
• Have credible information about Pathankot attack being sponsored by some elements across the border—Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju.
• Elements who can't stand peace carry out such attacks from time to time—Union Minister of State in Prime Minister's Office Jitendra Singh.
• This process (talks) cannot be destroyed due to one attack... Pakistan is our neighbour. You cannot change your neighbour, you can change friends and therefore we must continue with the talks but talks have to be mainly on the issue of terrorism and that's what exactly India is doing—Union Minister Prakash Javadekar.
• Pakistan condemns the terrorist incident in Pathankot, India, today, in which many precious lives have been lost. We extend heartfelt condolences to the Government & people of India & the bereaved families & wish the wounded speedy and full recovery. Pakistan remains committed to partner with India & other regional countries to eradicate the menace of terrorism afflicting our region—Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Pakistan.
• Not right to question foreign policy right now, stand with our soldiers in this fight—Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad Yadav.
• My salute to the Garud commando & the 2 Defense Security Corps jawans, martyred in the #Pathankot terror strike defending the air base—Punjab Congress head Captain Amarinder Singh.
• We strongly condemn the attack. It happened after the Prime Minister's visit to Pakistan. This appears to be an attempt by terror outfits to derail any dialogue process and initiative taken by both the countries. Both the countries should not fall into the trap of provocation of the terror outfits who must be given a strong message that they cannot derail the dialogue process—CPI national secretary D Raja.