Friday, June 3, 2016
40 litre petrol, 60 litre diesel for a rupee: Eight bizarre demands made by Swadheen Bharat Subhash Sena (Mathura's armed squatters)
03 Jun 2016, 16:06:29Share on Twitter
New Delhi: The name of ‘Swadheen Bharat Subhash Sena’ made it to the headlines on Thursday when its supporters clashed with police in Mathura's Jawahar Bagh area. As many as 24 people, including City SP Mathura Mukul Dwivedi and Station Officer of Farah Police station Santosh Yadav, were killed in the incident.
The activists of the group, under the leadership of Ram Vriksha Yadav, had encroached upon hundreds of acres of government land and were demonstrating at Jawahar Bagh since March 2014. This led to a standoff with the administration.
When the police, following an order of the Allahabad High Court rushed to evict the park, the encroachers opened fire at the police party killing two cops. The encroachers also resorted to widespread arson, setting police and other government vehicles and property afire. The activists had assembled at Jawahar Bagh as part of a rally from Sagar in Madhya Pradesh which was supposed to terminate at Delhi.
The local administration here had given permission to demonstrate at 260-acre park for two days, but the protesters refused to vacate it and settled here. Read Also: Mathura violence: 21 encroachers including City SP killed, CM Akhilesh orders probe
The ‘Swadheen Bharat Susbhash Sena’ is reportedly a registered political party launched in 2013. Its members claim to be the true followers of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
Here is the list 10 bizarre demands the Swadheen Bharat Subhash Sena is demanding:
1. The group has been demanding establishment of an Azad Hind government. They are demanding cancellation of elections of President and Prime Minister.
2. They want replacement of Indian currency with the 'Azad Hind currency'. They claim that the currency which is in use is a British currency.
3. The group claims that Indian currency is the strongest in the world and that Re 1 is equavalent to price of 972 mg of gold.
4. They are demanding that government should provide 60 litre diesel for Re 1. Likewise, the government should provide 40 litre petrol for Re 1 only.
5. They are also demanding that all the documents related to law and order and the documents of citizenship must be made public as it would reveal who we really are.
6. They want a complete ban on non-vegetarian food. Besides, stringent laws should be put in place to punish those who refuse to eat vegetarian food.
7. Golden coins be brought back into circulation is their another demand.
8. The park they had encroached upon be handed over to them.
via Google news)