MOD DESW Website displays Pension Regulations
- Service Pension is granted @ 50% of emoluments last drawn or average of reckonable emoluments during the last 10 months, whichever is more beneficial. The minimum qualifying service to earn pension is 20 years in case of Commissioned Officer and 15 years in the case Personnel Below Officer Rank.
- Ordinary Family Pension is granted @ 30% of reckonable emoluments last drawn subject to a minimum of Rs. 3,500/- p.m. (in case of natural death of the individual).
- Special Family Pension is granted at a uniform rate of 60% of reckonable emoluments last drawn by the deceased, subject to a minimum of Rs. 7,000/- p.m. (in case of death of a individual attributable to military service).
- Liberalized Family Pension is granted equal to the reckonable emoluments last drawn by the deceased(to the families of personnel killed in war or war like operations, counter-insurgency operations, encounter with terrorists etc.)
- Disability Pension is granted comprising of disability element @ 30% of emoluments last drawn subject to a minimum of Rs. 3100/- for 100% disability to be reduced proportionately for lesser degree of disablement. Service Element will be @ 50% of the reckonable emoluments last drawn at the time of disablement.
- War Injury Pension The rates of War Injury Element for 100% disability for various rank shall be equal to the reckonable emoluments last drawn which would be proportionately reduced where disability is less than 100 ============================================== For PBOR, the following is shown by PCDA(P) Allahabad website. Service Pension : Regular Army/Air Force/Navy/DSC Definition: Service Pension is a pension, which is sanctioned to a P.B.O.R. on Completion of his terms of engagement for the qualifying service Rendered by him in the Armed Forces. Condition: Minimum qualifying service without weightage to earn a Service pension is 15 years (20 years in case of NC (E) Linkage of full pension with 33 years of Q.S. is dispensed with from 01.01.2006. Now pension of PBOR will be calculated at rate of 50% of emoluments last drawn or average of reckonable emoluments drawn during last 10 months which is more beneficial. G.O.I. letter no 17(4)/2008 (2)/D(Pen/Pol) dated 12/11/2008.
- The above calculated service pension shall in no case less than 50% of notional pay in the post – 01.01.2006 revised pay structure corresponding to the maximum of Fifth CPC pay scales including whole of classification allowance last drawn in the rank and group held of the time of discharge / invalidment. The amount so determined will be the pension for 33 years of reckonable qualifying service including improved weightage (except TA personnel) as given below at point IV. For lesser period of reckonable qualifying service this amount will be proportionately reduced.
- After 01.01.06 with the implementation of the order on “Improvement in the Pension of PBOR” the weightage in respect of Sepoy, Naik and Havildar has been raised to 10 years, 8 years and 6 years respectively (for all past and future retirees.) subject to a restriction of 30 years as maximum qualifying service. The benefit would be given only in respect of Service Pension.
- The amount of pension finally arrived at will be subject to a minimum of Rs. 3500/- per month.