1. UFESM (JM)/IESM complete 2600 days on 27h Jul 2022 of OROP Movement across the Country with Jantar Mantar New Delhi being the Centre Point.
2. You are aware that what has been implemented is not OROP but only one time increase in pension. We are also continuously appealing to the Govt for the rectification of anomalies in the OROP vide Govt of India Min of Def letter dated 07th Nov 2015.
3. Hon’ble Supreme Court on 16 Mar 2022 in its judgemen,t while accepting the OROP, has said that there is no legal infirmity in the Govt letter dt 07 Nov 2015. The Hon’ble Supreme Court also ordered GOI to pay arrears to all defence pensioners w.e.f 01 Jul 2019 within three months. Govt has not paid the arrears till date, thereby not implementing the judgement. As you are aware we have filed a Review Petition on 14 Apr 2022 since we accept the judgement but do not agree. In addition, there is new evidence to enable us to file the Review Petition. In the meantime on 09 June 22 Govt has applied for extension of three months’ time to implement 16 Mar 22 judgement.
4. To commemorate our long journey to get Full OROP (2600 days), I request all Ex-servicemen & their dependents in and around NCR to join the event at Jantar Mantar New Delhi from 12.30PM to 3 PM on 27th Jul 2022.
5. Kindly circulate this information to maximum Ex-servicemen and their families.
Maj Gen Satbir Singh, SM (Retd)
Advisor United Front of Ex Servicemen &
Chairman Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement (IESM)
Mobile: 9312404269, 0124-4110570 Email:satbirsm@
(Source : Via e-mail)