The idea behind this blog is to educate/help/enlighten and not to create controversy or to incite. The opinions and views expressed on this blog are purely personal. Please be soft in your language, respect Copyrights and provide credits/links wherever possible.The blog team indemnifies itself of any legal issues that may arise out of any information/ views posted by anyone on the blog.
Monday, December 31, 2018
Utilisation of ECHS SmartCard Services beyond 31 DEC 2018
Central Organisation ECHS Adjutant General’s Branch Integrated Headquarters of MoD (Army), Thimayya Marg, Near Gopinath Circle, Delhi Cantt- 110 010
B/49711-NewSmartCard/AG/ECHS 19 Dec 2018
IHQ of MOD (Air Force) IHQ of MOD (Navy) HQ South Comd (A/ECHS) HQ East Comd (A/ECHS) HQ West Comd (A/ECHS) HQ Central Comd (A/ECHS) Northern Comd (A/ ECHS) South West Comd (A / ECHS) All Area Headquarters All Regional Centres
UTILISATION OF ECHS SERVICES BEYOND 31 DEC 2018
1. Refer to Central Organisation, ECHS, letter No 13/49711-NewSmartCard / AG / ECHS dated 31 Aug 2018.
2. At present, approximately 52 Lakh beneficiaries are dependant on ECHS. To utilize the benefits of ECHS, these beneficiaries have been issued with different type of documents with different validity dates and in few cases beneficiaries do not hold any authorized document. Various categories of beneficiaries based on document’s status are as under:-
(a) New 64 Kb ECHS Smart Card obtained.
(b) New 64 Kb ECHS Smart Card applied successfully but cards awaited.
(c) 32 Kb ECHS Smart Card holder and not yet applied for new 64 Kb ECHS Card due to 32 Kb ECHS Card not completed 10 years from date of issue.
(d) NRIs who have yet to apply for new 64 Kb-Cards.
(e) ECHS beneficiaries, who could not apply for new 64 Kb ECHS Card due to Aadhar Card not possible to be made for them.
(f) Applied for New 64 Kb ECHS Smart Card but application under observation.
(g) Temporary Slip holder and not applied for new 64 Kb Cards.
(h) 16 Kb Card holders not applied for new 64 Kb Cards.
3. To sensitize the environment with the status and verification process of various Cards / documents / cases listed above, case by case information is provided in the succeeding paragraphs.
4. New 64 Kb ECHS Smart Cards Obtained.
(a) The new 64 Kb Cards issued to the beneficiaries are preactivated Cards. A Kiosk is being installed with necessary software Pan India in a phased manner to automate the Smart Card process at polyclinics. ECHS services will continue to be provided to such category of persons.
(b) Polyclinics where the new equipment is not yet installed, 64 Kb Cards will keep getting their entitled treatment and these Cards to be used as visual identity and handled as Temporary Slip to provide ECHS treatment including referral of beneficiary to empanelled hospitals. In case an individual who has collected new 64 Kb Card and wants to change the data or has already lost it, then a provision has been created online to fill up online application for loss of 64 Kb Card /change in data.
5. New 64 Kb ECHS Smart Card Applied Successfully but Cards Awaited. These category of beneficiaries have the facility to down load temporary slip once they login using their login credentials. These temporary slips are now valid for six months in first stage and have to be authenticated by the OIC of their respective parent polyclinic. In case for some reason, the new 64 Kb Cards do not reach the beneficiary in six months then temporary slip can be further extended by another three months by the OIC parent polyclinic. These temporary slips enable the beneficiary all entitled treatment. After receipt of Cards, these category of persons will utilize the facilities as per Para 4 above.
6. 32 Kb ECHS Card Holders 85 Not Yet Applied for 64 Kb Cards. All 32 Kb Cards are valid for 10 years from date of issue. This category will continue getting their entitled treatment till these Cards are valid. They will have to apply for 64 Kb Cards, at least six months prior to the termination of 10 yr validity period. Subsequent treatment will depend on lines of 64 Kb Card holder as at Para 4 above. These persons can apply for new 64 Kb Cards earlier than completion of 10 year validity period.
7. NRIs who have Yet to Apply for New 64 Kb Cards. These category of beneficiaries can apply for new 64 Kb Card online as an exception is being created in the Online Application module for. these category of beneficiaries. This is likely to be available online by 31 Dec 2018. In this connection please refer to Central Org, ECHS letter No B / 49711-DBT/AG/ ECHS dated 09 Nov 2018 (Copy attached for ready reference). These persons must apply at the earliest but not later than 30 Jun 2019. Their current membership Card will be valid till 30 Jun 2019.
8. ECHS Beneficiaries who could Not Apply due to Aadhar Card Not Possible to be Made. These category of beneficiaries who are unable to prepare Aadhar Card due to age related issues or medical condition of the individual will be governed as per Central Organisation letter No B/49711-DBT/AG/ECHS dated 09 Nov 2018 (Copy attached). A provision for the same is being made for, online application by 31 Dec 2018. These persons must apply at the earliest but not later than 30 Jun 2019. Their current membership Card will be valid till 30 Jun 2019. While they can apply till 30 Jun 2019, they must come to polyclinic for treatment alongwith Non feasibility of ‘Aadhar generation certificate’ after 31 Mar 2019.
9. Applied for New 64 Kb Smart Card but Application Under Observation. These category of beneficiaries will fall under the following categories
(a) 32 Kb Card holder will keep getting his entitled medical benefits based on his 32 Kb Card.
(b) Temporary Slip holder to get his temporary slip extended by another three months from the OIC parent polyclinc to get entitled medical benefits. However, the beneficiary should get his observations cleared on priority. They will be ineligible if the observations are not rectified by 31 Mar 2019.
(c) 16 Kb Card holder can down load temporary slip online which will be valid for six months. This temporary slip has to be validated by the OIC parent polyclinic. However, the beneficiary should get all observations cleared on priority and must be settled latest by 31 Mar 2019.
10. Temporary Slip Holder and Not Aapplied for New 64 Kb Cards. All Temporary Slip holders to apply for new 64 Kb ECHS Card on priority. Any ESM approaching Polyclinics for medical treatment will be required to first fill the Online Application for 64 Kb Card at the Facilitation Centre of the Polyclinics & then avail the facilities. Observation in Online Application, if any should be cleared latest by 31 Mar 2019.
11. 16 Kb ECHS Card Holder and Not Yet Applied for New 64 Kb ECHS Card. 16 Kb ECHS Cards will expire on 31 Dec 2018. All 16 Kb Card holders wef 01 Jan 2019 on approaching ECHS polyclinics to avail any medical facility will have to fill up online application for new 64 Kb Card at the Facilitation Centre located at the polyclinic. On successful filling up of the online application, provision will be made to enable down loading of a temporary slip which will be valid for six months after countersignature from OIC, parent polyclinic. The beneficiaries will be able to get entitled medical cover on production of temp slip and 16 Kb Card. The process of filling up of online application and clearing of observation if any should be completed latest by 31 Mar 2019.
12. In case beneficiary is a case of emergency, he / she will be allowed treatment subject to his /her being authorized ECHS member at the discretion of OIC Polyclinic after due deliberation. All actions pertaining to new 64 Kb Card making can follow subsequent to medical examination 85/ or treatment.
13. This information may be disseminated to the environment for information of all ECHS beneficiaries. All Regional Centres will ensure that all polyclinics under them are informed on priority.
(Rakesh Kakkar) Colonel (Retd) Jt Dir (Stats & Automation) for MD ECHS