Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Room No.222, ‘B’ Wing,
Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011.
Dated: 5th October, 2020
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Sub: Revision of Regulation relating to rate of Family Pension (Normal rate & Enhanced rate) of Pension Regulation for the Army, Part-1 (2008) in the line of amendment done in Sub Rule (3) of Rule 54 of CCS Pension Rule, 1972 by DoP&PW-reg,
The undersigned is directed to refer to the provision of Note 3 (i) & (ii) below Army Instruction 51/80 and Regulation 64 (b) in Pension Regulation for Army, Part-I (2008) under_which the minimum of 7 years of continuous qualifying service is required for grant of enhanced rate of Family Pension for the Armed Forces personnel.
2. Consequent upon issue of Gazette Notification No 550 dated 19.09.2019 of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare (DoP&PW), the condition of minimum requirement of 7 years of continuous service for grant of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension in the sub rule (3)(a) & (b) of Rule 54 of CCS Pension Rule, 1972 has been deleted w,e,f 1st October, 2019 and now Government servants who died in service/invalided out even with less than 7 years of qualifying service shall be eligible for enhanced rate of Family Pension. This notification also has a provision where a Government servant who died within ten years before the 1st day of October 2019 without completing continuous service of seven years, his family shall be eligible for family pension at enhanced rates in accordance with sub rule (3) with effect from the 1st day of October 2019, subject to fulfillment of other conditions for grant of family pension.
3. Now, the President is pleased to decide that the same provision shall be extended to Armed Forces Personnel also. Accordingly, the clause “after having rendered not less than 7 years continuous qualifying service” of Regulation 64(b) of Pension Regulations for the Army, Part-I (2008) stands deleted w.e.f. 01.10.2019.
4. It has also been decided that where an Armed Forces Personnel died within ten years before the 1st October, 2019 without completing continuous service of seven years, his family shall be eligible for ordinary family pension at enhanced rate as per Regulations 64(b) of Pension Regulations for the Army Part-I(2008) with effect from the 1st October 2019 subject to fulfillment of other conditions for grant of Ordinary Family Pension.
5. Further, the provision of Army Instruction No. 51/1980 would stand modified upto this extent w.e.f. 01.10.2019. The regulation and their instructions for grant of Ordinary Family Pension in Navy and Air Force shall also be amended accordingly.
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Division of this Ministry vide their ID No. 10(02)/2020/FIN/PEN dated 23.09.2020.
7. Hindi Version will follow,
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
( CLICK HERE FOR Signed Copy )
(SOURCE : GOVTEMPDIARY WEB)
Post a Comment