Friday, June 30, 2017
IESM PROTEST MOVEMENT AT JM AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONE RANK ONE PENSION (OROP)
30 Jun 2017
1. You are aware that the OROP Anomalies have not been corrected by the Govt which has adversely affected our Pensions of 7th CPC.
2. While large majority of Defence Family is in favour of continuation of our Protest Movement at JM, a few of us mostly internet users who for the reasons best known to them want JM to be stopped. When we ask these persons that we have not got Actual OROP then why they wanted us to move out from JM, they have no answer except that we should take the legal route. Some of them are satisfied and happy for what the Govt has implemented.
3. Presence of large number of ESM at JM on 14 May and 15 June 2017 and their overvaluing resolve to continue with the Agitation till Actual OROP is implemented is a factor which should not be ignored while arriving at the decision.
4. “Restoration of Respect & Justice for Jawan” in our country is far away. Some extremely derogatory, degrading and humiliating statements by members of the Political Class against the Army in the recent past are cause of serious concern. The Govt, it seems has not taken the required serious action against the culprits. The last bastion of the Nation ie Defence Forces are being degraded, humiliated and disrespected. There is shortage of over 11000 officers and the suitable youth is not being attracted to the Profession of Arms.
5. While the Rank and File participate in large number, the officers in the required numbers are not coming to JM. Leaders whether serving or retired have to be leading from the front. There is urgent and strong need for officers to visit JM on daily basis to fight for the cause of soldiers.
6. I appeal to the officers, specially seniors to showcase their solidarity by visiting JM as often as possible. They should suggest alternate options to get Actual OROP implemented and lead the execution of their Plan.
“United we stand Divided we Fall”
Maj Gen Satbir Singh, SM (Retd)
Advisor United Front of Ex Servicemen Jantar Mantar &
Chairman Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement
(Source- Via e-mail)