Wednesday, October 7, 2015
DELAY IN IMPLEMENTATION OF APPROVED OROP. SANGARSH RALLY ON 18 OCT 2015 (SUNDAY) FROM 10.30 HRS TO 14.30 HRS IN FRONT OF PUNJAB INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES (PIMS) DUSHEHRA GROUND, GARHA ROAD,JALANDHAR
UNITED FRONT OF EX -SERVICEMEN
1. Govt has not yet implemented OROP which had been sanctioned by two parliaments, By UPA Govt on 17 Feb 2014 and by NDA Govt in its Budget in June 2014. President in his addresses to both houses of Parliament included implementation of OROP as priority action.
2. However, UPA Govt allotted only Rs 500 Crs and NDA only 1000 Crs whereas the amount required was Rs 8000 – 9000 Crs.
3. Today is 114th day of our Protest Movement at Jantar Mantar and at many other locations in the country.
4. On 5th Sep 2015, the Govt announced implementation of OROP but the statement made by RM has created more apprehensions in the mind of Defence Fraternity regarding the intention of the Govt to implement OROP as per the approved definition without any dilution.
5. In order to inform the people of the Country, we have initiated “Social media War” through all available mediums since the Govt seems to have gagged the Press both print and electronic since our Rally at Jantar Mantar New Delhi on 12 Sep 2015.
6. In addition, we have decided to conduct Rallies all over the Country. Rallies have been held at Dehradun, Nagpur, Ambala, Agra, Gurdaspur, Khanna, NOIDA, Vadodra. Largely attended and covered Press Conf has been held on 04 Oct 2015 at Patna. Another Rally is being held at Hamirpur in HP on . A Sangrash Rally has been planned to be held at Jalandhar on from 10.30 hrs to 14.30 hrs. During this Rally, we wish to showcase solidarity of the retired defence fraternity.
7. All ESM are requested to attend Jalandhar Rally in large number and make it an historic Rally with Grand Success.
9. Rallies have also been planned in Bombay, TN, MP, AP and KK.
10. The above activities and more are being conducted across the Country to inform the people about the grave injustice being done to the Defence Fraternity.
11. Friends, spread the message of Punjab Rally across the Country to ensure that a very large number attends.
12. Treat this letter as most urgent for action.
“JAD DUL DA KHOON SHAHEEDAN DA
TAQDEER BADLADI KAUMA DI”
Maj Gen Satbir Singh, SM (Retd)
Advisor United Front of Ex Servicemen Chairman IESM
Mobile: 9312404269, 0124-4110570
(source- via e-mail)