The Chief Commercial Manager, CMDHRCTC, MDICRIS, Chanakyapuri,
, New Delhi New Delhi. New Delhi
Sub: Introduction of Alternate Train Accommodation Scheme “VIKALP”
2. It is requested that a wide publicity may be given to the features of this scheme for information of general public.
DA: As above
- The Alternate Train Accommodation Scheme (ATAS) is presently being launched under the name “Vikalp” on pilot basis only for the tickets booked through internet on two sectors i.e. Delhi-Jammu and Delhi-Lucknow sectors. Based on the feedback it will be provided on PRS and also on other sectors.
- The scheme is presently being implemented only across Mail/Express trains of same category. No extra charges shall be taken from passenger or any refund shall be provided for difference of fare.
- The scheme is applicable to all waiting list passengers irrespective of quota and concession. In pilot phase the scheme will be available on few pre-designated in the above sectors only.
- Under this scheme, Waiting list passengers will give choice to opt for ATAS scheme.
- ATAS opted passengers who remain fully Waitlisted after charting will only be considered for in the alternate train.
- Fully WL passengers opted for ATAS should check PNR status after charting.
- Either all passengers of a PNR or none will be transferred to alternate train in same class. The passenger can be considered for shifting to a train leaving from any station amongst the cluster of stations defined by Railways based on the convenience of the passengers to a station serving the destination station on the same analogy.
- The ATAS opted passengers who have been provided accommodation in the alternate train will not figure in the waitlisted charts of their original train. A separate list of passengers transferred in alternate train will be pasted along with the CONFIRMED and WAITLIST charts.
- The passenger allotted alternate accommodation can travel in the alternate train on authority of original ticket.
- Waitlisted passengers of original train shall not be allowed to board the original train if allotted alternate accommodation. If found travelling, they will be treated as travelling without ticket and charged accordingly.
- Passengers once provided alternate accommodation in alternate train will be treated as normal passengers in alternate train and will be eligible for up gradation.
- In rare situations, passengers who have been provided alternate accommodation might get dropped/re-allotted in alternate train due to last minute change in composition of the alternate train at the time of chart preparation. So, passengers who have been provided alternate accommodation should check PNR status also after preparation of charts of the alternate train for final status.
- This be available on Call Centre (139), PRS Enquiry Counters, Passenger Operated Enquiry Terminals installed at stations and WEB ENQUIRY on wwwindianrail.gov.in.
- When an ATAS opted passenger opts to cancel,after he/she has been given an alternate accommodation, he/ she will be treated as a CONFIRNIED passenger and the rules will apply accordingly.
- No refund for difference of fare between the original train and the alternate train, including Tatkal charges, if any, will be given to re-allocated passengers.
- Once an ATAS passenger has been allotted alternate accommodation, journey modification will not be permitted. If required, the passenger will have to cancel the ticket and book a fresh ticket for modified journey.
- When a passenger who has been allotted alternate accommodation has not performed his journey in the alternate train, he can claim for refunds by filing a TDR request.
1) Opting for VIKALP does not mean that confirmed will be provided to passengers in alternate train. It is subject to train and berth availability.
2) Once confirmed in Alternate train, Cancellation charges will be as per your berth/train status in alternate train.
3) In this scheme, your boarding and terminating station might change to nearby cluster stations.
4) You can be transferred to any alternate train available within 12 hrs. from the scheduled departure of original train, in which you have booked.
5) Please check PNR status after charting.