OROP basic Pension of Sepoy who retired prior to implementation of OROP as per 6th CPC = Rs 6665 / per month.
DA 125% = Rs 8331/-
Total Pension = Rs 14996/ per month
His Pension of 7th CPC as per existing order with effect from 01 Jan 2016. = 6665 x 2.57+2% D = 17129+2 % DA = 17129+342.58 = Rs 17462 / per month
Pension of Sepoy of the same class who retired after the Govt implementation of OROP after 01 Jan 2016 as per 7th CPC
= Rs 8300 x 2.57 + 2% DA = Rs 21331 + 2% DA = Rs 21331 + Rs 427 = Rs 21758/- per month
The difference in Pension of the same class of Sepoy
= Rs 21758 – 17462 = Rs 4296/- per month.
The gap in pension of the same class is Rs 4296=per month. How this can be OROP, since OROP means same pension of the same rank of Defence Veterans irrespective of the Date of Retirement.
Similarly a Widow of Sepoy of the same class will get Rs 2578/- less per month.
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
OROP IS ONE TIME INCREASE IN PENSION (OTIP) : WORK SHEET OF NON IMPLEMENTATION OF OROP : IESM
WORK SHEET OF NON IMPLEMENTATION OF OROP
1. The Govt has launched a sustained campaign that OROP has been implemented. However, the truth is, what the Govt has implemented is NOT repeat NOT OROP but only one time increase in Pension.
2. The Govt has also changed the approved Definition of OROP which kills the very soul of OROP.
3. Work Sheet of Non Implementation of OROP is enclosed for your information and wide circulation.
4. The lowest rank of Defence Personnel ie “Sepoy” is getting Rs 4296 PM/- less with the diluted OROP than what he should get if Actual OROP is implemented.
5. Similarly, a widow of a Sepoy is getting Rs 2578 PM/- less. The members of Defence Family should join to work for the implementation of Actual OROP.
Maj Gen Satbir Singh, SM (Retd)
Advisor United Front of Ex Servicemen Jantar Mantar &
Chairman Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement (IESM)
Mobile: 9312404269, 01244110570
One Rank One Pension was approved by UPA Govt in budget dated 17 Feb 14 and then by NDA Govt in their budget dated 10 Jun 14. UPA Government issued an executive order dated 26 Feb 14 for the implementation of OROP dues to veterans at the earliest. This was never implemented by the MOD nor a demand note was ever raised. The approved definition of OROP by two Governments is given below.
Definition of OROP as per Govt Executive Order of 26 Feb 2014.
One Rank One Pension (OROP) implies that uniform pension be paid to the Armed Forces Personnel retiring in the same rankwith the same length of service irrespective of their date of retirement and any future enhancement in the rates of pension to beautomatically passed on to the past pensioners. This implies bridging the gap between the rate of pension of the current pensioners and the past pensioners, and also future enhancements in the rate of pension to be automatically passed on to the past pensioners.
Govt Changed Definition of OROP which kills the Soul of OROP.
Again, another attempt has been made to change/ distort the definition of OROP in GOI notification dated 7 Nov 15. OROP definition given in letter is reproduced below.
One Rank One Pension (OROP) implies that uniform pension be paid to the Defence Forces Personnel retiring in the same rank with the same length of service, regardless of their date of retirement, which implies bridging the gap between the rate of pension of the current pensioners and the past pensioners at periodic intervals.
Example to Prove that what Govt has implemented is not OROP.
1. 85% strength of Defence Forces consists of other Ranks ie From Sepoy to Havildar. Let us take example of a Sepoy of ‘Y’ Group with 17 years of Service who retired prior to implementation of OROP with effect from 01 July 2014 and compare his pension with the same Class of Sepoy who retired after 01 Jan 2016 the effective date of 7th CPC, the working of pension is as under:-
2. Hence what the Govt has implemented is not OROP but one time increase in Pensions.
3. It is also pertinent to mention that the changed definition will not be OROP. The original definition needs to be restored.
(Source- IESM Group via e-mail)