The idea behind this blog is to educate/help/enlighten and not to create controversy or to incite. The opinions and views expressed on this blog are purely personal. Please be soft in your language, respect Copyrights and provide credits/links wherever possible.The blog team indemnifies itself of any legal issues that may arise out of any information/ views posted by anyone on the blog.
Sunday, March 19, 2017
YES THIS IS HINDUISM : WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT BEING A HINDU - BY FRANCOIS GAUTIER
Yes, this is Hinduism. I'm also somewhere
in these descriptions.
1)Believe in God ! - Aastik - Accepted
2)Don't believe in God ! - You're also accepted.
3)You want to worship idols - You are a murti pujak - Please go ahead.
4)You dont want to worship idols - no problem. You can focus on Nirguna
5) You want to criticise something in our religion. Come forward. We are
logical. Nyaya, Tarka etc. are core Hindu schools.
6) You want to accept beliefs as it is. Most welcome. Please go ahead with
7) You want to start your journey by reading Bhagvad Gita - Sure !
8) You want to start your journey by reading Upanishads - Go ahead
9) You want to start your journey by reading Purana - Be my guest.
10) You just don't like reading Puranas or other books. No problem my dear.
Go by Bhakti tradition . ( bhakti- devotion)
11) You don't like idea of Bhakti ! No problem. Do your Karma. Be a
12) You want to enjoy life. Very good. No problem at all. This is Charvaka
13) You want to abstain from all the enjoyment of life & find God - jai
ho ! Be a Sadhu, an ascetic !
14) You don't like the concept of God. You believe in Nature only -
Welcome. (Trees are our friends and Prakriti or nature is worthy of worship).
15) You believe in one God or Supreme Energy. Superb! Follow Advaita
16) You want a Guru. Go ahead. Receive gyaan.
17) You don't want a Guru.. Help yourself ! Meditate, Study !
18) You believe in Female energy ! Shakti is worshipped.
19) You believe that every human being is equal. Yeah! You're awesome, come
on let's celebrate Hinduism! "Vasudhaiva kutumbakam" (the world is a
20) You don't have time to celebrate the festival.
Don't worry. One more festival is coming! There are multiple festivals every
single day of the year.
21) You are a working person. Don't have time for religion. Its okay. You
will still be a Hindu.
22) You like to go to temples. Devotion is loved.
23) You don't like to go to temples - no problem. You are still a Hindu!
24) You know that Hinduism is a way of life, with considerable freedom.
25) You believe that everything has God in it. So you worship your mother,
father, guru, tree, River, Prani-matra, Earth, Universe!
26) And If you don't believe that everything has GOD in it - No problems.
Respect your viewpoint.
27) "Sarve jana sukhino bhavantu " (May you all live happily)
You represent this! You're free to choose, my dear Hindu!
This is exactly the essence of Hinduism, all inclusive .. That is why it
has withstood the test of time inspite of repeated onslaught both from within
and outside, and assimilated every good aspects from everything . That is why
it is eternal !!!
There is a saying in Rigveda , the first
book ever known to mankind which depicts the Hinduism philosophy in a Nutshell
-" Ano bhadrah Krathavo Yanthu Vishwathah"- Let the knowledge come to
us from every direction".
Forwarded as received,found it interesting.