7:53 AM (2 hours ago)
On Sunday, May 17, 2015 3:51 AM, "Nageswara rao Munaga email@example.com [IAFVeterans]" <IAFVeterans@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
ONLY THE BANK EMPLOYEES HAVE A ‘UFBU’ (UNITED FORUM FOR BANK EMPLOYEES UNIONS) A MULTITUDE OF 10 UNIONS LIKE, AIBEA, AIBOC, AIBOA, BEFI, NCBE, etc., AT ALL INDIA BANKING INDIA LEVEL—THE OFFICIAL SPOKESPERSON TO MoF, IBA, RBI etc., FOR WAGE REVISION, PENSIONS ON ALL MATTERS INCLUDING SERVICE, PROMOTIONS, TRANSFERS, LENDING NORMS, etc., THAN WHY WE CAN’T HAVE SUCH MOST SUCCESSFUL UNITED FRONT!!!!! ALAS—NOT POSSIBLE IN ARMED FORCES PERSONNEL!!!!!!!!! ‘NO IDEA’
M N Rao
On Saturday, May 16, 2015 6:59 PM, "Achuthan A R firstname.lastname@example.org [IAFVeterans]" <IAFVeterans@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
F Y I
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Col TN Raman <email@example.com>
Date: Saturday, May 16, 2015
Subject: Unity of ESM Associations- Reqyuirement of a Confederation-1
To: Afvoa Chennai <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
1. I was watching from the wings, most of the email exchanges, from various ESM Associations and ESM dignitaries.
2. Let us examine the modus operandi of Central Govt Employees. There are more than a thousand Federations and Associations of employees, which come under one umbrella called the Confederation of Central Govt Employees, which they surmise as an " Organisation for unifying the entirety of Central Govt Employees Associations on a single platform of struggle and advance". This Confederation includes Federations and Associations of the Railways, Port Trust, Postal Services, Nationalised Banks, PSUs, and many more important Govt entities, which are independent bodies by themselves, which on their own merit are capable of causing great disruption to the economy of the Nation as well as smooth functioning of the Govt. Despite this advantage, they believe in united approach, while tackling the common problems faced by them. During the first week of this month, May 2015, the call for Nation wide strike was given by their 'Confederation' to resolve all the major issues affecting the Central Govt Employees as a whole. We have seen the report in all news media. In addition, their Confederation has also given notice to the Govt that there will be a prolonged strike in Nov 2015, if their demands are not met. This system precludes the efforts by the Govt to create rift amongst their Associations.
3. Here we Veterans are still hesitating to project an united front to carry forward our demands, under a single umbrella of a Confederation, despite the fact that we Veterans enjoy only a reflected glory, since it has been our covenant and which will always be the one, to never involve our serving fraternity with our struggle. Because, we care for our Nation, always and every time.
4, The demand of OROP has become a litmus test for the Veterans' cause. It has graduated to become an emotional issue, rather than remaining a pure financial benefit. The BJP lured the ESM community with such a promise in 2014, as an assurance of sympathetic consideration of all problems connected with the ESM community.
5. Some knowledgeable Veterans may question as to the relevance of Confederation of Central Govt employees comprising serving employees, with the struggle of we Veterans of Armed Forces. Therefore, let us compare our performance with that of Civil Pensioners Confederation.
6. Bharat Pensioners Samaj (BPS) is a conglomerate of around 650 Pensioners Associations of different
disciplines & departments including All India Services, Central Govt Employees, Railways, Defence Civilian Employees, EPS95 etc. In addition, BPS has a strong alliance with sister organizations like AISCCON, AIFPA Chennai & NFRP Palghat. The combined strength through its affiliates/associates & allies goes beyond 10 lakh . It is an All India Federation of Pensioners’ Associations of all Central Govt; State govt ; PSUs, EPS &NPS pensioners’. It is a, non-profitable, non-political & nonreligious organization. Bharat Pensioners Samaj (BPS) is aided by the GOI M/O Personnel, PG & Pensions-Department of Pensions &Pensioners Welfare. It is also a member advisory committee for web based Pensioners’ Portal of GOI M/O Personnel, PG & Pensions.
7. Now, let us compare our demands and struggle for justice either through agitations, negotiations, pleadings, personal letters and in some remote cases through Courts of Justice ! The aim, so far has been splintered efforts at meeting the Union Ministers in piecemeal by various ESM Associations and ESM dignitaries, then proclaiming Pyrrhic victories. Patient hearing of our demands by the RM itself has been touted as success of our mission. The RM had played his part well, by meeting all the delegations of ESM Associations separately, at different timings, even on the same day, and in addition inviting prominent Veterans for private consultations. Net result, he found anomalies thrown in by our own Veteran leaders. One classic example is given below:-
Extract from the website of NExCC is appended below. The same can also be accessed at the following link:
S K Jain
ONE RANK ONE PENSION01.05.2015
ONE RANK ONE PENSION National Ex-servicemen Co-Ordination Committee met Defense Minister Mr. Manohar Pareeker at his office on 22nd April 2015 at 1800 hrs to 1900 hrs for the further discussion on issuing OROP implementation orders. The discussions are necessitated due to the anxiety of Ex-servicemen community, that the implementation orders are not likely to be issued, as promised by the Defense Minister in the discussion held on 18th March 2015. During the discussions the Minister informed the delegate that all the modalities and formalities were completed for issuing the orders as promised on 18th March 2015, but unfortunately a delegation of officers led by Major General Satbir Singh met RM and had discussion over the Supreme Court Orders on the subject. This discussion necessitated further clarification on the matter, and also required the approval of the Parliament once again. However, the Minister was very considerate towards PBOR and assured that he will be able to obtain the approval of the parliament during the current Parliament session. The 10 member delegation of Co-Ordination committee led by Chairman Mr. Tanewar Sen, Vice Chairman Mr. VS John and Secretary General Mr. VN Mishra, also discussed other problems like ECHS, Security Contract System and representation in various committees, during the hour long discussion. NeXCC delegates met Mr. Rabindra Kumar Jena, MP. 1. Lok Sabha member of standing committee on industry. 2. Consultative committee on communication and IT and discussed about the exploitation of ex-servicemen in the security contract and security guards. (QUOTE ENDS)
8. The example given above should open our eyes to the tricks being played by the concerned authorities. The RM could not have made such an excuse, palming off the responsibility of the delay to another ESM organisation, had there been a confederation of ESM Associations, on the lines of Bharath Pensioners Samaj (BPS). Then he could have dealt only with the members of the Confederation, an united body of Veterans, representing majority of the ESM community, through their own Associations.
9. The Confederation we are talking about is not a merger of existing ESM Associations into a single body. It will be a voluntary grouping of the existing ESM Associations and Federations, with their own individual identities, into a Confederation set up, akin to BPS. After all, we have only three major branches in our Veterans community, ie, Army, Navy and Air Force. Though these Veterans may be members of various ESM Associations, some at District, State or National level, forming a Confederation by their Associations, for the purpose of " Organisation for unifying the entirety of ESM Associations on a single platform of struggle and advance", cannot be beyond our reach. In many mails, most of the leaders of the ESM Associations do agree with this concept. But are simply waiting for some Associations to take the lead.
10. At the cost of repetition, let us revisit the proposal. Please also visit our web site given below:-
(to be continued in part-2)
Col TN Raman (Retd)
E5/230, AWHO Parameswaran Vihar,
67, Arcot Road, Saligramam,
E5/230, AWHO Parameswaran Vihar,
67, Arcot Road, Saligramam,
Mob: 0- 9840033326
(Source- Via - E-mail)
Already OROP declared an flash new on NDTV at 1830 hrs on 16 mayReplyDelete
when in real?ReplyDelete