Gp Capt V K Gandhi: Got a call from COAS at 1630 for a meeting at 1730h. Satbir & Self were called for meeting. Discussion on usual lines.
1. We briefed him abt our meeting with RM of 2 Dec.
2. That Gen VK Singh has been nominated as mediator.
3. That Govt has yet to issue authority to detail him as mediator.
4. That Govt must consider our objections to notification compassionately.
5. Briefed him about PC done with RJ.
6. Briefed him that we will take OROP thru SC if Govt becomes stubborn. In such a situation Govt will have to give OROP but will lose our good will.
7. Requested him to use his office to find amicable solution to this problem.
8. Briefed him about the rally on that this rally is to convey our objections to the notification.
He asked what will make us lift JM. He was politely told that Govt has to rectify our objections to notification alternatively Govt will have to make a positive statement on OROP.
Meeting was cordial and ended with positive note
=============================================================== Gp Capt V K Gandhi: He further confirmed that Army HQ has strongly taken up with RM about wrong tables for arrears due to all from 1 Jan 2006. He was hopeful that amendment will be issued soon.