A grand Salute to the one who painstakingly compiled this and very studiously wrote the last paragraph. A week or two ago in the Magazine Section of either Times of India or The Hindu, some actresses of our breed had given similar views.
Indian Military Children:-
· Akshay Kumar, film actor, son of an Indian Army officer late Hari Om Bhatia. Akshay named his production house after his father';s name, Hari Om Entertainment, as well as a cancer shelter, exclusively for police personnel- Hari Om Cancer Shelter.
· Ajay Banga is the current president and chief executive officer of Master Card. His father was Lt.General (retd.) Harbhajan Singh Banga who was a decorated army general of Indian Army.
· Aman Verma, a TV show anchor and an actor.
· Amrita Singh, film actress.
· Anushka Sharma, film actress, daughter of Col. Ajay Kumar Sharma.
· Arjun Rampal Indian actor who appears in Bollywood films, as well as a fashion model. His maternal grandfather, Brigadier Gurdayal Singh, is an army personality to reckon with, apart from being an efficient engineer as well. He had contributed in making guns for GCF factory situated in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradhesh. The factory has a special gun named after his grandfather. The gun is named ‘Gurdayal Gun.’
· Arnab Goswami(s/o Col Manoranjan Goswami), is an Indian journalist who is the Editor in Chief and News anchor of the Indian news channel Times Now.
· Arun Sarin, was the CEO of Britain';s Vodafone Group.
· Celina Jaitley, Indian actress, father V K Jaitley, is a retired Colonel and her mother, Meeta, an Afghan Hindu, was a nurse in the Indian Army.Brother also in Indian Army.
· Chitrangada Singh, film actress, father Army officer.
· Cyrus Sahukar, is an MTV India VJ and Bollywood actor, was born in MHOW Cantonment, District Indore. His father, Colonel Behram Sahukar.
· Deepak Chopra, doctor, public speaker, and writer on subjects such as spirituality, Ayurveda and mind-body medicine. father, Col Krishan Chopra, M.D. (1919–2001) was a prominent Indian cardiologist. He was head of the department of medicine and cardiology at Mool Chand Khairati Ram Hospital, New Delhi, for over 25 years.
· Gauri Khan, Indian movie producer and the wife of Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan, with whom she co-founded Red Chillies Entertainment.Father is Col. Ramesh Chhiba.
· Gul Panag, Indian actress, father is a General in the Indian Army. Father Lt Gen (retd) H S Panag.
· Jeev Milkha Singh, the first Indian professional golfer to become a member of the European Tour, son of legend Milkha Singh 
· JJ Valaya, a noted Indian fashion designer and couturier, father Brigadier Jagjit Singh Ahluwalia.
· Jyoti Randhawa, professional golfer, father Brigadier R S Randhawa in Indian Army.
· Karan Thapar,one of India';s noted television commentators and interviewers. He is the youngest child of General P. N. Thapar Ex-Chief of Army, and Mrs. Bimla Thapar.
· Kirran kher – Indian actress, MP from Chandigarh.
· Lara Dutta, Indian actress, Miss Universe 2000. Father, Wing Commander L.K. Dutta in the Indian Air Force.
· M S Banga, senior partner at the private equity fund Clayton Dubilier & Rice. Brother of Ajay Banga.
· Mayanti Langer, is an Indian TV sports journalist with ESPN and daughter of Major General Sanjiv Langer who worked in UN.
· Mita Vashisht, is an Indian television, film and theatre actress, who graduated from National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi. Father - Colonel (Retd) Rajeshwar Dutt Vasisht.
· Mohnish Behl, is an Indian actor working in the Bollywood film industry. Father Cdr. Rajneesh Behl and mother Actress Nutan.
· Navneet Kaur Dhillon, Indian female model, winner of Pond';s 50th edition of Femina Miss World India 2013. She is daughter of an army officer and attended her schooling in Army Public School, Ambala.
· Neha Dhupia, Indian actress, daughter of Commander Pradip Singh Dhupia, who is in the Indian Navy.
· Nikita Anand, Miss India 2003, father Brigadier S.S. Anand, a doctor in the Indian Army.
· Nirupama Rao, is a 1973 batch Indian Foreign Service officer who is the Ex Foreign Secretary and Ex. Ambassador of India to the United States. Father, Colonel P.V.N. Menon.
· Preity Zinta, Indian actress. Father, Durganand Zinta, was an officer in the Indian Army.
· Priya Gill, Indian actress. Father was a paratrooper in the Indian army. Brigadier BS Gill.
· Priyanka Chopra, Indian actress. Parents, Dr. Ashok Chopra and Dr. Madhu Chopra. father was a doctor in the Indian Army.
· Rajeev Khandelwal, Indian film actor notable for his versatility and choice of scripts.
· Rannvijay Singh, Indian Actor and VJ (media personality) 
· Renuka Chowdary, is an Indian politician and the Former Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Ministry of Women and Child Development in the Government of India from January 2006 to May 2009. Father Wing Commander S N Chowdary.
· Sabeer Bhatia, is an Indian American entrepreneur who co-founded the Hotmail email service. Father Captain (Hony) Baldev Bhatia.
· Shilpa Sakhlani, a television actress and is known for her role as Ganga in the popular soap opera Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.
· Shonali Nagrani, an Indian film actress and model. Her father was an officer in the Indian Army was posted at Bengdubi during her childhood.
· Sister Nirmala, succeeded Mother Teresa as Superior General of the Missionaries of Charity in March 1997. Father was in Indian Army.
· Sushmita Sen, Miss Universe 1994, Indian actress.Her father, Wg Cdr Shubeer Sen, is a retired Indian Air Force officer.
· Tarun Tahiliani is a noted Indian fashion designer.father, Admiral Radhakrishna Hariram Tahiliani, served as the Chief of the Naval Staff of the Indian Navy between 1984 and 1987 and as the Governor of Sikkim between 1990 and 1994.
· Vinod Dham, venture capitalist, father served in the Indian Army.
· Vinod Khosla, an Indian-born American venture capitalist and an influential personality in Silicon Valley.
WHAT ARE THE ATTRIBUTES WHICH SHAPES MILITARY CHILDREN
Discipline - Acclimatization in a soldierly environment permeates discipline in them. If you were to ask a hundred parents to describe their motives and methods of discipline, you might get a hundred different answers. But for a soldier and his family, it is simple - punctuality, obedience, respect for elders/superiors, conduct, sincerity, commitment and most important is to ‘understand limitations’.
Loyalty, Honesty and Integrity - Many would not be able to differentiate between the three, still this is the most powerful trio combo, which shapes the three characters. It isn’t a gene that gets genetically imprinted in them; rather it is in the air, at their homes.
Perseverance - They learn the fact very early in life that diligence to hard work has no alternatives and detours. This gives them tenacity and endurance to face the world, and teaches them the seven stages of being successful – defining a goal, strong desire, building confidence, planning, cooperation, determination, and a fine execution.
Adaptability - Every 2-3 years leaving a place and migrating like nomads from one place to another is common acceptance for them. Leaving old friends, making new ones, from villages to metros, from Pathshala’s to Convents, from deserts to snow and from gulli danda to polo, is a spectrum of deprivations and opportunity that they get (depends on one’s perspective). But, surly it evolves them into – adaption and survival. Separation from fathers makes them more responsible and gives them ability to take independent decisions, which most of us lack!!!!!!!
(Source- Via gp e-mail from Maj Ravijoshi)