PLEASE SEE THE BOTTOM E-MAIL OF COL YC VETERAN.
NOW IT IS TIME TO FOCUS ON OTHER ITEMS THAN O R OP
WE DID NOT RAISE THE IMPORTANT ISSUES FROM POST-1971 , AND LANDED US IN THIS DIPLORABLE SITUATION:
NOW OUR DEMANDS WITH THE GOVT SHALL AND WILL BE :
1. RESTORE STATUS OF PRE-1.1.73 ON PAY, PENSIONS AND STATUS
2. SEPARATE PAY COMMISSION FOR AF BE CONSTITUTED
3. WITHDRAW NFU (A PAY FOR NON-FUNCTIONING)TO CIV OFFICERS WEF 1.1.2006.
5. WITHDRAW 25%BP FOR THEM FOR SERVING IN NE/J&K STATES AND EXTEND THIS FACILITY TO ARMED FORCES PERSONNEL
4. SEPARATE BUDGET FOR ARMED FORCES LIKE THE RAILWAYS.
5. NO CIVILIAN CONTROL ON THE ARMED FORCES EXCEPT THE POLITICAL CLASS
6. APPOINTMENT OF CDS (FROM AMONGST THE THREE CHIEFS) WITH THE RANK OF FIELD MARSHAL, TO BE EQUIVALENT TO THE CABINET MINISTER STATUS (TO BE APPOINTED INTO THE COUNCIL OF MINISTERS BY THE PM ON FORMING GOVT). SIMILAR ARRANGEMENT BE MADE IN THE STATES BY THE GOVERNOR/LG IN STATES/UTS\ APPOINTING THE RETIRED COAS/CNS/CAS/COMMANDERS RANK OFFICIALS)
7. CONSTITUTE ARMED FORCES VETERANS WELFARE COMMISSION WITH POWERS AKIN TO SC/ST COMMISSION)
AND ANY OTHER ISSUE CONSIDERED APPROPRIATE BY ESM GROUPS
'We hv seen unending efforts of IESM on negotiations & mean & meek approach of Babudom. While we admire every bit of initiatives but like talks with PAKIS, the approach needs a relook.
Parity on NFU/OROP or whatever needs to be agressively propounded. Indian CRAB story pays because threat is reversed. If one goes up, let 10 to pull him down.
PM to be told that let NFU be withdrawn retrospectively & CPC decide on new Pay methodology taking base of 2nd CPC & fauji pay scales/Pension.
Babus shall be seen as headless chickens to defend & get exposed.
Trade unions to be juxtaposed for definition & equivalence with Babu Cadre.
Do this on one forum & see the counter threat.
Defencive position is OK but a counter offence is necessary as in 65/71 war & not like KARGIL to retrieve what u hv lost.
(VIA E-MAIL FROM COL YC VETERAN)