Friday, October 14, 2016

THOUGHT OF A MARTYRED SOLDIER’S SOUL - A POEM BY SGT PRAVEEN TUTEJA AIR VET

The body of a brave martyred soldier,
wrapped in a tricolor, neatly packed in a coffin box,
reaches his hometown for a final cremation.//

Soldier’s soul is roaming around proudly looking,
at the Gun salute ceremony but at the bottom of his heart, 
He feels the great family separation.//

Will my Old Mother, Father, my wife and children,
get my dues on time or will they be circling,
the Zila sanik board /DPDO with a lot of infatuation.//

Will there be many audit objections from various depts,
of the ruling Govt, taking years and years to clear dues, 
how the whole family will survive in this implication.//

Will my soul never rest in peace? 
Did I do anything wrong? Oh My God! 
Please give some good sense to bureaucrats,
of this country, one day they also roam,
with me on their final destination.//


(SOURCE- VIA E-MAIL)

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Family separation is common in defence service which we may overcome by our devotion to our duties and keeping ourselves abreast with the happening around. Thank you, by ex-sergeant Govindarajulu. R.

    ReplyDelete