Tuesday, October 18, 2016

“ONE WRONG DECISION CAN RUIN YOUR OLD AGE"- A POEM BY SGT PRAVEEN KUMAR TUTEJA AIR VET

I am sitting on a chair,
laid in the centre of my lawn. //
Holding with my right hand,
a  glass which is full of Bear. //

Looking  with a proud smile
at my all growing Dears. //
Lost in my own thoughts,
Am  waiting  for the fading of dawn. //

I take the sip of Beer, maybe one or two,
and  am lost in the dreams of Blue. //

Looking at the half empty glass of Beer.
Start thinking, how I gave a part of my life,
to all my dears? // 

With a proud smile, I again dream,
Will  my  dears  be real assets of the cream ?
Afraid of today’s race of time,
Would I be left far behind ? //

Dream breaks with the lot of fears,
As I am looking at an empty glass,
which was full of Beer,
While my eyes,  all wet with full of tears. //

Today, when I am in the prime of my old age,
When I cannot walk and sleep,
I start thinking a little deep.
Hearing the shouts of my children,
I pretend to laugh but my heart weeps.//

I call my children to sit near me to share my view,
I ask them the time has come
when you owe me my due.//

 A sharp answer comes very fast,
 Do you  really live in the very past ?
 What is the great you have done,
 And what is that so great you do ? //

Some say it is a generation gap,
I am puzzled with some other thoughts.
Is that a reality or I am just lost ?
I look at the mirror to find my left cheek red,
I wonder, Is this the effect of cold,
Or just a mark of slap ? //

Maybe one day , I will find a way,
How to come out of this trap ? //

Then my ears heard a voice,
that came from my inner soul,
“The Power of Acceptance”,
The God gifted you, use it for a while,
Live the life without a sigh,
Raise your dignity a level high,
I promise that I will depart you
With a bolder smile. //

(SOURCE- VIA E-MAIL)






9 comments:

  1. Since when you started drinking BEAR.Please correct the spelling before posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Na biwi na bachcha._na baap bada na maiyya._the whole thing is that ke baiyya sabse bada rupaiyya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RANGANATHAN sir dont worry too much abt spelling.the veteran has expressed and put it beautifully. Stop pointing fingers since if you look at that time some fingers pointing towards you. Most importantly no one is perfect in this stupid world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who is this Ranganathan? Shame on him .

      Delete
  4. Old age, the gift of one's life Time to introspect
    To balance between good and bad
    Accept the ups and downs

    God give us memory
    That we have roses in December.

    By Ex-Sergeant Govindarajulu. R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The exact feelings of old age.......all we should be ready to travel the same path......Is there any way out ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be true to yourself.life will take its own course .don't think too much about something which is not in your control .even great Alexander had had end.

      Delete